Scottish Kitten Daily Procedures
1: Dry food & water 24 hours on floor
- Water needs to be changed daily
- Put dry food in a small, deep bowl, do not put too much or it will lose flavor.
- Dry food needs to be refilled daily, old dry food always on top of new dry food so the kitten eats the old dry food.
- If there is dry food on the floor, do not feed it to the kitten and throw it away.
- If the dry food gets wet or dirty from litter or hair, please throw it away.
Important: Soap WASH the food bowl every day, use a paper towel to dry the bowl before filling the dry food.
2: Feed canned food daily after dinner time. Feed raw chicken tender in the morning and switch with canned food each other morning.
Attention: Do not mix canned food with raw meat or mix with dry food. All the types of food should be put separately in different plates.
Attention: The raw meat can not be more than 2 hours in the plate, it has to be thrown away after 2 hours.
3: Do not feed treats, eggs, fish or other human food.
4: Clean poop 2-3 times everyday, soap wash the litter box twice per week or as needed.
5: Cut nails once per 3 months. It is necessary, otherwise the nails that grow too long will hurt the paws.
6: Ears should always be kept clean, if not, it will cause eye infection.
7: Wash their toys with soap daily.
8: Laundry Bedding once per week or as needed with bleach.
9: Bleach the washer after laundering cats stuff. You don’t need to disinfect the dryer due to the high temperature.
10: Do not sleep in the same bed with cats, because we cannot shower them daily like humans.
11: Do not kiss the cats for your health consideration.
12: Deworm cats once per 6 months.
13: Always wash hands before you put anything in your mouth.
14: If cats scratch or bite you, you need to clean the wound immediately with soap and water, and dry it with paper towel. If it is a serious situation, then use ointment for the wound.
Please read our contract before purchasing a kitten…
1. Our kittens are sold as pets and must be spayed or neutered by 5 months of age. The kitten will be neutered/spayed after full payment.
2. Scottish fold kittens/cats from our cattery shall never be placed into, sold or given away to any pet Shop or any type of research facility. The New Owner will offer the breeder the kitten/cat back to the breeder if they are no longer willing or able to keep this cat/kitten. Shipping cost and vet expenses In this case are the sole responsibility of the New Owner and no refund.
3. Our kittens are sold as indoor cats only.
4. New Owner should introduce a kitten to family & friends slowly in order to keep the stress level down. If the kitten is going to a multi pet home New Owner agrees not to expose the kitten to any animals until Cat is examined by a licensed vet. If the buyer fails to quarantine Cat as described above, all guarantees are null & void.
Our kittens are sold as pets and not for breeding, so they must be spayed or neutered by 5 months of age. There is a list of reasons why you should spay/neuter your kitten. By the age of 7-8 months the kitten reaches puberty, his body starts to produce hormones and breeding instinct-related behavior appears. That means that your cat will try to find or attract the mate meanwhile delivering a lot of inconvenience to the owner. It’s easy to avoid such behavior if spay or neuter kitten before puberty.
5. GENERAL HEALTH GUARANTEE
- The seller guarantees the kitten to be in good health at the time of purchase for a period of 48 hours. It will be the responsibility of the purchaser to have the kitten examined by a veterinarian within 48 hours. Within that 48-hour period, if found to be seriously medically deficient, the seller will replace the same quality kitten. After the 48-hour period, the seller can no longer replace the cat/kitten. We only do refund in the 48 hours when the kitten has genetic issues with proper documentation provided by a licensed veterinarian.
- This cat/kitten is not guaranteed against respiratory disease, fleas, ringworms or any nuisance disease under any circumstances.
- Seller assumes no liability or responsibility for any veterinary care for this cat/kitten after the purchaser takes possession of the said cat/kitten. Under no circumstances will the seller be responsible for any veterinary bills incurred by the purchaser.
The kitten will be vaccinated due to the age only when the pet is in excellent health. First immunization (feline Rhinotracheitis, Calici, Panleukopenia) and deworming should be given at 8 weeks of age. Second vaccine and deworming should be given at 11 weeks of age. The third one at 14 weeks. Another booster may be administered 1 year from the third vaccination.
Buyer agrees that Rabies vaccine will be given to the kitten/kittens after 4 months of age and not In conjunction with another vaccine, treatment, surgery, injury or illness. One rabies booster may be administered no earlier than a year from the initial vaccination. The vaccine should not be repeated more than 3 years per the vaccine label. In areas where annual rabies vaccination is required owners are encouraged to obtain a waiver from their vet for the term of 3 years and even beyond based on titer levels. Buyer will not vaccinate Cat with modified live FIP vaccine, Leukemia vaccine ( FeLV), Ringworm, Bordetella ( Bordetellosis) or Chlamydia ( Chlamydiosis) or any combination vaccine that contains live or killed Leukemia or MCK Vaccine ( Ringworm). If either of these vaccines is administered to the kitten/cat, the Health Guarantee is null and void. Vaccination with any newly developed vaccine, or a vaccine not specifically listed on the contract voids the health guarantee. Do not use modified live vaccines except/unless opting for a nasal vaccine over an injection to avoid injection site sarcomas. No vaccine will be given within 30 days of another vaccination, surgery illness, injury shipping or other stress.
Kitten’s diet must be made up of a quality canned and dry food, fresh water should always be provided in glass or stainless steel dishes at room temperature. Fresh filtered water must be provided daily for this pet.
8. We require that only natural, organic, not toxic household cleaners, detergents, dish soaps be used on any surface of dishes the cat may come into contact
9. LITTER TRAINING
Our kittens are litter trained. When you bring a kitten to a new place it’s better to keep it in a small room with water, food, litter box and comfortable sleeping bed or cat tree. Litter box should be wide enough, we recommend a covered litter box so the kitten will make less mess.
10. FLEA CONTROL
We recommend Advantage II Flea Treatment for Kittens 2-5 lbs. This highly-effective, veterinarian-recommended treatment is specifically formulated to kill all life stages of fleas on contact with no painful biting required. With three-way protection that kills the eggs, larvae and adults, it breaks the flea life-cycle to help prevent re-infestation of your pet and your home. The waterproof formula continues working for up to four weeks, even after bathing; for use on kittens and cats 8 weeks or older and weighing between 2 and 5 pounds.
Terms of Contract
- A non-refundable deposit of 50% purchase price is required for purchase of the cat/kitten. The deposit includes in the price of the cat/kitten.
- Payment for the cat/kitten must be provided in the form of cash, Zelle, Venmo or credit card (5% transaction fee). The payment shall be made in U.S. currency. The purchaser will pay all travel and shipping expenses.
- The purchaser agrees that the kitten will be spayed/neutered by the time the kitten reaches 3 pounds, at purchaser’s expense.